Will Mercedes end their surprising win-less streak in Baku this weekend? Ferrari and Red Bull have done all the winning so far in 2018.
Who will lead the way in Azerbaijan?Last year’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix provided plenty of surprises and with the top three teams closely matched we could be in for another dramatic encounter on Sunday.
You can win every weekend in the RaceFans Predictions Championship and there’s a grand prize at the end of the season for the top scorer.
The RaceFans Predictions Championship is free to enter. You will need an RaceFans account to place so sign up here if you haven’t got one.
Enter your predictions for each race using the form below, and scroll down for more information on the prizes and the rules.
Chinese Grand Prix winner
Congratulations to @F330P4 who made the best prediction for the Chinese Grand Prix and won a copy of F1 2017 by Codemasters. They correctly predicted pole position for Sebastian Vettel and all the drivers who finished in second, third, fourth and fifth positions.
Make your predictions
First place – Force India F1 Wheel Rim Table
Supplied by Memento Exclusives
The top-scoring player in the 2018 championship will win this eye-catching pink drinks table made from a race-used Sahara Force India Wheel Rim (drivers not included).
Powder-coated in pink, the wheel rim is fitted with a glass top to transform it into a practical drinks table. The toughened glass top shows off the spokes of the wheel rim inside, and the table comes complete with an official team certificate of authenticity.
The Memento design team uses only the best materials to create beautiful sports memorabilia, which will be admired for generations to come. Authenticity of memorabilia is of absolute importance. For this reason, Memento Exclusives works directly with the teams to guarantee the heritage of every item.
Race winners – F1 2017: the official game
Supplied by Codemasters
At every round of the championship the top-scoring player will win the latest version of the official Formula One game published by Codemasters for their choice of platform.
F1 2017 is the official videogame of the 2017 FIA Formula One world championship and includes the return of classic F1 cars to the series, as well as an even deeper career mode, multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new â€˜Championshipsâ€™ game mode.
Win the 2017 world championship, break every record in the fastest ever F1 cars, and race some of the most iconic F1 cars of the last 30 years. With an even deeper ten year career, more varied gameplay in the new â€˜Championshipsâ€™ mode, and a host of other new features, both online and offline, F1 2017 is the most complete and thrilling F1 videogame ever.
Rules and how to enter
You have until the scheduled start time for qualifying on Saturday to make your predictions for each round. Reminders will be posted during the weekend on RaceFans, the RaceFans Twitter account and RaceFans Facebook page.
To enter, predict the pole sitter and the top five finishers in the race. You can also enter a prediction for the pole position lap time which this will be used in the event of a points tie between prize-winners.
Enter your pole position lap time prediction in the following format: MM:SS.ccc For example, for a lap of one minute, 23.450 seconds you would enter 01:23.450
You must log in using a RaceFans account to make a prediction. Registration is free and quick:
After submitting your prediction you will receive an email confirming your entry. If this does not happen, or you are concerned your prediction has not been received, please get in touch using the contact form.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Maximum one entry per household.
2. The competition is not open to employees, friends or family of RaceFans, Memento Exclusives or Codemasters.
3. In each round players are invited to predict (a) who will be on pole position and (b) what the top five finishers will be (five different drivers) and will accumulate points in each round as follows up to a maximum score of 50:
a. Correctly naming the pole sitter: 2 points
b. Correctly naming one/two/three/four/five driver/s who finish in the top five: 1/2/3/5/8 points
c. Correctly predicting where one/two/three/four/five driver/s finish: 2/6/14/24/40 points
4. Whoever scores the most points in every race counting towards the championship wins the grand prize.
5. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined by who is closest to predicting the pole position time correctly. If that fails to produce a winner the editor will choose a means of deciding who has won.
6. Predictions must be entered using the form above. If you have trouble submitting your entry via the predictions form please prediction using the contact form. Predictions will not be accepted via any other means of communication.
7. In the event of a dispute the editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. No cash alternative is offered for any of the prizes.
9. Players who have won prizes will be notified by email within 14 days of the winners being announced, so they can select their prize options and supply a postal address. Once this has been done prize delivery may take up to 28 days.
10. For further information see the disclaimer